- Five upper-division courses are required, consisting of three courses in creative writing and two courses in literature. These courses may be taken in any of the departments that offer them.
- All five courses must be taken for a letter grade. [Due to COVID-19, P grades will be accepted for Spring 2020 approved courses from all schools and Fall 2020/Spring 2021 approved courses from UC Berkeley only.]
- At least three of the five courses and at least two of the three writing courses must be taken at UC Berkeley.
- Only one course may be used to satisfy both a minor and a major requirement. If completing multiple programs, only one minor’s course may overlap with one major’s course.
- A minimum overall grade point average of 2.0 in upper division courses is required for the minor.
- Work for the minor must be completed within your major program’s College’s unit ceiling. For example, students in the College of Letters and Science have a 130-unit ceiling. Check your College websites for details.
See the Literature and Creative Writing courses for lists of applicable courses offered by participating departments. Courses not on these lists may be counted toward the Minor with the approval of the Creative Writing Minor Faculty Adviser.